Tuesday, June 5, 2012

LOL

Every once in a while, Tyler will bust out with something that gets me laughing 'til my sides hurt. Tonight, that happened.

We just got back into the hotel room from our trip to the Magic Kingdom and got the kids bathed and in bed. Then as we are unwinding from the day, talking about all the different experiences and stuff, we started talking about all the people that we encountered that were from different countries.

In order for you to understand how funny this is, you need to understand the situation, so I'm just gonna be candid with you.
Here's how I feel about it: I am not self-centered enough to NOT want to share America with you. Just don't come here and be rude! (Don't even pretend like you haven't had this conversation before, because you have!) I literally was sitting down on a bench when an old Persian man literally slid in underneath me. No, not kidding.
ANYway, we decided to post up an hour early to get ready for the Electrical Parade, and in doing so we got some pretty great seats in relation to the parade. So we settled into place at about 8:00 (the parade started at 9). About 8:50 rolls around and there's a family sitting at our feet (who was there right about the time we were) and we are up on a brick wall. Then a French dude sits down literally almost on top of me, in a squeeze space that Skyler had once been sitting in. French dude > Skyler. Then his wife asks me if I can scoot down. I looked up at her, said "No", and turned back around. Then five minutes later, as the parade was about to start, three Chinese ladies who didn't understand English at all guestured asking to squeeze between us and the family at our feet. Luckily, the other mom took care of them before I had to.

So, this is the situation you need to understand when hearing what sent me to the floor doubled over in a fit of giggles.
Me: "...yeah, did you see that French guy sit on me?"
Tyler: "Yeah, and that Persian dude that stole that bench as you were about to sit down. If he hadn't been older, I would've punched him in the face."
Me: "And those Chinese ladies at the parade!"
Tyler: "They just need to learn: This is America. We like our space, bitch. Why do you think we kicked the Indians out?"

I died. :)

1 comment: