Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Home Office (So Far)

Hey friends!

So, it's been forever since I've posted- I'm sorry! It's been crazy hectic in my world lately. I'm starting a new job next week, and I am so excited. I'll tell you guys more about it later.
For now, I just wanted to share with you the home office I have put together so far. This is the only space in our house that is truly mine and mine only; no one else uses it.


To the left I keep all my crafting/painting/art supplies in a Sterilite plastic dresser. It needs major reorganization, but I'm getting to that. Eventually, I want to put a shelf up to hold all my paint and paintbrushes, pencils and pens, and other randomness.

I got the desk on clearance at Wal-Mart for $18. It's simple, but it's all I need and I love it. The lamp also came from Wally World, it was $7. That gorgeous metal, tile and suede chair came from- wait for it- Goodwill, and I paid $15 for it. I've recently started browsing at Goodwill, and it's amazing the deals you can find sometimes! The black rug is also from Wal-Mart, it's a 5x7' and
has little swirly designs in it, but you can't tell in the picture.

To the right is a temporary solution for a bookshelf. I got the cubes at Target about a year ago, and they've served several purposes as needed. Right now, it's holding some of my favorite books until I can find a bookcase that I like well enough to put in its place.


This is my desk area. I wanted to surround myself with things I love when I sit here, but I didn't want to use family pictures again since they're everywhere else in the house. So, I saved two of my favorite Pins, resized them on my computer to print out as 5x7s, and voila! Artwork for my wall.
On top of the desk, I took gold and silver paint markers and wrote some of my favorite lines and lyrics all over it. The solid white was too plain for me. And since she is everything I love, Taylor Swift is chillin' in the corner on top of the lamp base.

So there it is! I have a home office! :) I wanted to share it with you and get your opinions. I'll post the changes as they come along.

Adios, amigos :)

3 comments:

  1. Looks great so far!! I really love those pinterest prints. :) Oh, and how come my Goodwill NEVER has cute things and you found that banging chair!! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 Love it. The Harry Potter quote rocks my face off.

    ReplyDelete