Friday, November 18, 2011

Rayne Emory McEntire

She's here!
Rayne was born yesterday at 5:23 p.m.

I woke up at 4:40 and began my hour and a half drive to Dalton to stay by my best friend's side during the longest day of her life. And it definitely was. I couldn't have felt more empathy for her as the memories of delivering Greenleigh came flooding back. It's eerie how similar our pregnancies with Greenleigh and Rayne were, it's even more eerie that the deliveries were almost identical.

Tabitha had a long and exhausting delivery, but after 38 hours Rayne got here safe and sound. She's 7 lbs 5 oz, 20 1/2 inches long, and more beautiful than I ever pictured her to be in my head. Curly blonde hair and blue eyes, my niece is a PERFECT bundle of joy. If you ask me, I think she looks like her momma. :)

I am SO proud of my best friend. She fought like hell to deliver her daughter herself, and she did! She's already an amazing mother. I am so excited for her. Right before she delivered, I told her: "You are about to know the most amazing love that you never knew existed." Once you become a mother, you understand. It REALLY is like having your heart wandering around outside your body. When it came time for me to go out and let Tab start to push, I walked out the door and immediately began to cry tears of joy for my sister. Then Todd (Tab's dad) started calling me a "squealer", so I started laughing and crying at the same time... then I cried again when I was standing with my ear to the door and I heard the nurse say, "She's here!"

I love you, Tabitha Michelle. And I love my niece already, more than I knew I could. I can't WAIT for Greenleigh and Skyler to meet her!



3 comments:

  1. She is so precious. I'm so happy for them! words cannot describe

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I just started crying reading this. Postpartum hormones? Lol But seriously. Get ready for the most precious Christmas pictures EVER! Matching outfits? Don't mind if I do. My cup runneth over.

    ReplyDelete