Sunday, April 17, 2011

Greenleigh is Two!

My baby girl turned TWO yesterday. TWO. I started the morning off with a good cry, which if you know me at all, is extremely out of character. Nothing can get me teary-eyed faster than watching my babies grow up. Then I went in her room when I heard her awake and started singing the Birthday song and she cut me off with a smart alleck "Good mornin', Mama." Kind of like, "Please hush." Then we put on her party clothes (an adorable pink tutu skirt and a Birthday Girl T-shirt) and she walked around all morning showing them off. We went to the community center to decorate and set up and Tabitha brought over the cake her aunt Chrissie made, which was the cutest thing I've ever seen. Another thing- balloons. WHY does it always seem like an Ordeal to get balloons blown up, no matter where I go? I usually wait til about an hour or so before whatever party I'm decorating, and I ALWAYS end up running late because the stupid people at the helium tank want to make friends and talk for 45 minutes while they blow up SIX balloons. And by the way, if you want a cute Dora character balloon like the one pictured below, it'll cost you a whoppin' NINE DOLLARS at your local Jasper Ingles. I don't have all the pictures from everyone's camera yet, but here are a couple from the Dora Birthday Fiesta:

Blowing out her candles. How awesome is her cake?

Opening presents
Showing Aunt Tab and MeMom her new outfit
When we got home, we played with all of her new toys. She put her Dora backpack on and proceeded to bring me a piece of paper and markers and said "Make a map, Mama." So I drew a map to Aunt Tab's house, and she put it in her backpack and walked around the room for a minute then said, "Where's Aunt Tab? I don't know. Look at the map! Swiper, no swiping! Swiper, no swiping! Aww MAN!" Just like that. It's better than television, I swear.
Sleepy girl at the end of the night

1 comment:

  1. My sweet, sweet baby girl! I love her so much! There is NOTHING better than a Greenleigh phone call, people!

    ReplyDelete