Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Peaks and Pits

This week has been an absolute roller coaster. I have never been so elated in my life only to turn around the next day and be more devastated than I ever dreamed I could be. On the positive side of things, I am kicking butt at work. I love my job a lot more than I expected to. I've been there for a month, and I have made my way onto the official payroll (I was doing independent contracting) and I now have my own column. This week's column is based off the political post from last week, it's just a very watered down version of it. Chatsworth isn't ready to hear my full-blown opinions yet. :) I am so blessed to have this opportunity, and I don't take it for granted!

I also have some really REALLY exciting news that I'm busting to tell, but can't yet. And before you ask- no, no one's pregnant. Sorry to disappoint. <3

The low point of this week came to me via text message yesterday at about 1:00. I don't want to elaborate on anything more yet, but I have an enormous prayer request for someone that's one of the most important people in my life, who got some terrifying news yesterday. I'm still shell-shocked and in denial... Keep my family/friends in your prayers this week, please. Say special prayers for us tomorrow afternoon.

I also need to take some time in this post to thank the people who are so amazing in my life- those of you who read these posts and then text me, and those of you who follow on Blogger. Just having all of you in my life is such a tremendous blessing. The friend with a late night reassuring text message, or the friend at the table doing a jigsaw puzzle and drinking coffee because we just don't want to talk about it, or the friend that surprised me with an unexpected call after what was a busy day... you guys rock. You have no idea how awesome it is to have such beautiful people around me.
I'm off to catch up on "New Girl". She never lets me down. :)
Love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment